Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth...

...really, truly was! We made it home yesterday, getting out of Orlando before the airport was in danger of being shut down. David and I had a plan for what we would do if our flight didn't take off that involved him going to a luggage carousel to get our bags back while I ran like Flo-Jo (ok, I don't know the names of any of the current female track stars, so I'm going with what I can remember) to the airport Hyatt and getting a room. Fortunately, this did not happen.

Unfortunately, we took off from the Northwest corner of Tropical Storm Fay and got to experience the kind of turbulence that can best be described as, well, turbulent. For someone who doesn't know better (i.e., Little Miss A) this was great fun! For someone who is deathly afraid of flying (i.e. ME), not so much.

Anyway, I promise I will post a ton of stories and pictures (after all, we shot 3160 pictures). I am not kidding. 33 rolls of film, 2200 on the digital (David bought me an 8 GB chip), and 168 by the fine photographers at Disney. I spent 2 hours loading pictures into the computer today and am sure that this weekend I will spend many, many more hours going through them.

So, once I can find my picture gallery I will put up some great shots, I promise! And, as soon as I get caught up I will be back to stamping the days away! Hope everyone is having a great week, and I can't wait to see a bunch of you here this Friday for my open house. Until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim




edit: I finally figured out how to find my pictures that I added today, so here are just a couple of my favorites:
Here is a supercell thunderstorm from our front walkway in Daytona Beach. Incredible to watch these bad boys pop up like that! Next you see Little Miss playing on the beach. (Don't worry, I kept her covered in 50 spf!! Besides, stinkin' little thing always gets a nice golden brown...unlike her mommy!)

Oh me, Oh my! As soon as we walked into the park, we spotted Chip and Dale! They were very kind, signing their names to Little Miss's autograph book and giving her lots of good hugs.

Here are the two of us in front of Uncle Walt's statue and castle. Hard to believe that this all started with a mouse, huh? And speaking of, here she is with Mickey and Minnie! I can tell you one thing that Disney does really well: you get to spend a good bit of time with the characters. We waited for about 45 minutes to see these two, but they let us take a ton of pictures, get her book signed, and get plenty of hugs to boot. When we walked out of this greeting area my baby had a smile on her face to beat the band and was saying, "Mommy, that was totally AWESOME! They are REAL and REALLY HERE!" Every single day she would tell us that it was her best day ever. And I'll let you in on a secret: every day there with her was my best day ever, too!

More to come...thanks for reading this one!

Kim

1 comment:

Rose said...

I'm so glad you're home safely. . scary stuff! Anyway, yes I want a catalog. My mom would like one, too. And if you are willing, we'd like to do the last Christmas Card class and the new one. But it would have to be in the evenings. Will that work for you? Love you gal, off to sign up as a STAMPeder!