Monday, July 6, 2009

Some more animals...


...from "Animal Crackers" have been demanding their fair share of the spotlight today. It seems that the giraffe from the set found out how to grab Wi-Fi from his spot on my display board, and when he saw that the bunny was on the Inter-web-google-twit, he threatened me with legal action if I didn't give everyone else in the set equal time.
I told them that I wanted to put them up on my demonstrator website, for the entire world to enjoy, but I believe that my initial order from Stampin' Up might have caused their servers to crash. (Hey, don't judge me. I only do it for you.) You'll be thanking me when you see my class line up this fall. So, in order to placate the cards while Stampin' Up tries to install hardware that will support my personal addiction, here they are!
Yesterday you got to see the cute, super-girly bunny from the set, and for today I wanted to show you the rest. This is my second class for this month, five cards, each one featuring a different little character from this stamp set. I had to load up on the In Colors, too. I heard through the paper grapevine that they already have a lawyer on retainer if they didn't get top billing from me. I don't need any of that kind of drama around here.
The giraffe and squirrel called out for more of the earthy tones, so I went with Soft Suede, Dusty Durango and some Crushed Curry. I was looking at the little squirrel (which in real life I'm kind of terrified of...just FYI) and thought it would be really cute if he was declaring his love to the tree that gave him that acorn.
The little penguin, having to live in the frigid cold waters down near the South Pole asked if he could have some Bermuda Bay to warm himself up with. (I apologize for the darkness of that photo...I have been doing some lighting experiments and that one just turned out...well...wrong.)
Finally, the wee little duck that quacks me up, on a 3" x 3" note card. I love how that Crushed Curry can look all earthy one minute, then you pair it up with Melon Mambo and it totally goes into a springy look. I just love colors! I hope that you do, too. And if you have this stamp set, I hope that these cards inspire you to create something adorable with them tonight! Now, back to my stamping table to work on a birthday card for Little Miss to give to a friend this weekend, then to the den to watch "Valkyrie" tonight.
I hope everyone has had a great Monday, and until next time, Happy Stamping!
Kim

No comments: