Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday...

...to my father-in-law, J.P.Williams! Jay will be 91-years old on the 17th of this month. He fought in World War II with the U.S. Army Air Corps. They didn't have an "Air Force" branch back then. It was before those days. He was born and raised in West Virginia, and other than his military service which sent him to Guam, and his several month stay with us last year, he has lived there all of his life.

He spent his life working hard, raising his one son, and just being a good man with a huge heart. He has always treated me like his own daughter, and don't get me started about how much he loves Little Miss, because I will be talking for days. I can say that I am a better person for having him in my life, and I can't think of anyone that I would rather send a card to.

So, since I know he doesn't visit the intergoogles and won't see this until it hits his mailbox, here is his birthday card:




I have loved the "Countryside" set ever since I first saw it, and knew that dad would appreciate the beauty of an older model truck sitting by a still, blue pond. I hope that he knows how much we love and miss him here everyday, and I can't wait until we can see him again.
In case you are wanting to know the rest of the details about the card, here they are:
Stamp sets: Countryside, Occasional Quotes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Real Red
Thanks for stopping by to take a look. Now, go stamp something for someone special in your life!
Until next time, Happy Stamping!
Kim

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

It's beautiful! And I can think of no better thank you to such a hero than a loving daughter in law who fills his freezer and his heart :)

WV: stactin: some WWII vets died from their wounds because stactin wasn't yet widely available.