Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Already Missing You!

This past week we saw the end to another school year. Little Miss has successfully completed the 1st grade and is already looking forward to starting 2nd. And, while her last day of school was Wednesday, by Friday of that same week we were "playing school" because she misses her class. And her friends. And the playground, and art, and music, and her teacher, and pretty much everything about school, except for the getting up early in the morning. That, my friends, no one misses. I mean, just the other day she slept in all the way until 7:07. A.M.


Can you feel the sarcasm dripping from my cyber-voice yet? Those who know me know that I believe everyone should be up by the crack of noon. Give me a gorgeous sunset over a crack-of-cranky sunrise any day of the week and I am a happy camper. Or happy stamper, as the case may be!


In any case, it brings me to the next year-end ritual: the end of the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. Time to give the retiring stamp list a good going over and remember all the great times we have had together. I have to say that I am happy to report I did not suffer any catastrophic losses in my sheer stamp volume, as has happened from time to time. (Anyone remember the Stampocalypse of a few years back?) Yeah, that one left me with six "current" sets in my repetoire.

This year, however, I am seeing some of my favorite sets go. Over the next few days I'll share with you some cards that I made to bid these stamp sets adieu. Today's entry into the "going, going, gone" category is this little cutie:




Stamp set: Great Friend

Paper: Pacific Point, Very Vanilla, Blueberry Crisp DSP

Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point

Accessories: Chantilly Crochet Trim, Pearls, Clear EP



This set, "Great Friend", has gotten lots of mileage from me over the time that I have had it. It is one of those go-to sets that calls to me whenever I am having a bad day. And, while it is retiring from this catalog at the end of the month, I am sure that it will live on at my house for quite some time yet. If you haven't added this one to your own collection, remember, you have until June 30th to fix that! After that, you will just have to look at all the pretty cards stampers around the world have made with it through tear-filled, angst-ridden eyes.


Don't let that happen to you! Friends don't let friends leave this little beauty behind. I hope you are enjoying some special stamping time very soon, and can't wait to come back with another soon to be leaving us sample tomorrow.


Until next time, Happy Stamping!


Kim

No comments: