Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's about time....



....for me to put something new and fun up, right?


Once again, between laundry, life, and the kiddo I have been neglectful of my blog, but it was not forgotten. I have been thinking every day how I need to put something up here, so here it is.



This is the card I made for my hubby for Father's Day this year. I loved this set when I first saw it in the mini catalog, and since I don't have many "manly" type sets I knew I would be getting this one. I stamped the image using Brilliance Graphite on watercolor paper. After it dried I colored it using ink pads and an aquapainter. The base of the card is Creamy Caramel with mats done in Ballet Blue, Always Artichoke, and Real Red. I drew from those same colors when I did the watercoloring, and made sure to shade under my picture with some grey. He was very happy with his card this year, so I am happy with the outcome.



Today was a great day for me as I had a joint Escape Stamp Camp with a great demonstrator and friend, Lydia Fiedler . We had this at Wine Styles, and I cannot say enough nice things about the lady that runs this store, Julianne. She was so kind to us, and made a great mimosa to boot! The food was wonderful, the setting was terrific and the stamping was plentiful! I look forward to working there again in the future. Make sure to check out Lydia's blog...just click on her name up above, to see pictures from the event. Like the goofball I am, I forgot to bring my camera, but here are two pictures of what the girls made today:

This is a box to hold a set of 3 x 3 notecards, completely inspired by the wonderful, talented Atomic Butterfly. Her designs are really something to check out...lots of good things come from this talented stamper. We had the girls make this along with 4 love notes to go inside.

Now, most of you know that usually my girls get a ziploc baggie with their supplies in it, but last night I got Little Miss A to sleep at a relatively decent hour, and since my insomnia was in full swing I decided to go all out, hence the little bag of goodies you see here. I dug through all my old tag stamps to find the Fleur-de-Lis one, then stamped the "for you" with the new Fresh Cuts set. A little tie in with some hemp twine and there you have it.

Everyone came up with some great cards and we had fun, so it was a great day. Now I am off to work on a couple 4th of July cards and a birthday card for my sweetie of a niece who is turning 3 on July 11th. Every year her birthday is extra special because she was born the same day as my dad, so we get to remember him and see him in her precious smile!

I hope you all have a great weekend, and until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim



No comments: