Monday, June 30, 2008

First, a Thank you...

...to Lickety Split Scrapbooks! I entered their Friday the 13th contest and emailed some information about them to 13 of my friends, and in return I won this:

Which, when I opened, was filled with this:


So now I have to get to working on some scrapbook pages or cards using all this fun stuff. I already have an autumn themed card in mind for those precious leaves, and the set of colored metal tags with brads is calling to me as well. Thanks again to the folks at Lickety Split for the great gift!

Now, I cannot resist a really cute image, and this little Biker Bee from Stampendous qualifies as super cute in my book. I found this little guy

at the Hobby Lobby and he basically jumped into my basket (along with that My Mind's Eye paper that is behind him), and since they were both on sale I figured I would be completely remiss if I didn't bring him and the paper home with me. I have to say, this is my very first square card and I love how it turned out! I took a cue from Faith Hofrichter (aka Markie's Mom) and copied her style of dotting up the card. She does really neat stuff and is worth checking out!


So, here are the quick and easy details on the card. I cut my card at 5 1/4" square (so that is 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" for my girls who don't like to do the math....lol!) so it would fit in the square envelopes from SU! The mat piece is from My Mind's Eye and I sponged the edges of it with Blue Bayou ink. The bee was stamped using Staz-On and then colored in with Copic markers as well as the Yo-Yo Yellow from SU!, since I wanted to get a bright yellow bee. I stamped the "Celebrate" in Blue Bayou, then offset the stamp and stamped it again with Soft Sky. Now, you can use a stamp-a-ma-jig for this, but I eyeballed it and it turned out pretty good. I added some 1/4" red grosgrain ribbon behind the bee mats, along with the words that were stamped and then cut out using the word window punch. The upper bee and mat was put on dimensionals to pop it up a bit and allow for the ribbon and words underneath it.

I made all those cute little white dots using a Uni-ball White Signo Gel Pen. This is where the grid paper comes in handy, y'all! I just lined up a side at the bottom of my grid, making sure that the two ends of the paper had a grid mark where I wanted, then started dotting away.

In total, I made 3 of these, one for my mom, one for my father-in-law, and one for....well, I don't know who is getting the last one! I want to keep it for me but then again I want to share it with someone else as well. We'll just have to see who is getting it...lol! That's right, fight amongst yourselves! (j/k....you know I would never condone that!)

I hope everyone has a great week and a Happy 4th of July! Be safe, and until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim













No comments: