Thursday, April 11, 2013

So, What's Up?

You know, a little this and that.  Or, I should say "This and That".

Actually, we have a TON going on at Chateau Williams' these days.  After years of wanting to do a lot of stuff to the house, this is the year.  More accurately, these are the two months.  While part of me is excited ("YES!  New paint!  New deck!  New stone mailbox that hopefully won't get run over!"), part of me is less than thrilled ("Oh, we have to empty out my stamp room, don't we?  The deck work is going to take about 10 days, during which time I have to walk my wild dog on a leash?").  I am going to just keep telling myself how absolutely worth it all of this will be once it is done.  I'm pretty sure I can convince myself, too. 

Now, onto a card!  I took the challenge design from Stamping Challenges which was this:  


And pulled out a couple of stamps and some goodies from the new "This and That" kit and came up with this:  
Stamping Stuff:  Stamps--Quint Essential Flower, Collage Curios; Cardstock--Pool Party, Whisper White, This and That Epic Day DSP; Ink--Calypso Coral, River Rock, Pool Party;  Accessories--Scalloped Circle punch, This and That washi tape

Pretty quick and easy, which is what I was going for this week.  I'm pretty sure I'll be leaning toward "quick and easy" a LOT in the next few weeks, especially when my house is in the middle of the chaos that proceeds the finished product.  You may want to be on the lookout for me in South Austin, because while we are in remodeling mode here I am likely to be hiding in the local house of coffee worship (St. Arbucks) enjoying a latte and some stamping away from the wonderful crews that will be here.  

And, I promise that there will be plenty of before and after pictures, with more than one amusing story to share.  Mostly amusing for you, dear readers.  I think I'll probably be able to laugh about them one day, but if Mr. Murphy is correct I'm guessing there will be some hiccups along the path.  

Stamp something that makes you happy, and be sure to share it with us at Stamping Challenges!  Until next time...

Kim

No comments: