Thursday, April 24, 2008

And now...for something completely different:


People who come over to my house on a regular basis know how I stamp. I sit and ponder what set I want to use. Then, I spin the big color wheel to come up with that perfect for me combo. After that, I start stamping and working on layouts, piece by painful piece, until finally, an hour later, I have the design I want.

Not last night! My hubby came home and reminded me how he needed a wedding card for a coworker, and could I just make one sort of quickly? Well, as luck would have it, I remembered this basic layout from SCS on a card that I loved, so I decided to put it into play. This card is a big step off from my normal multi-layer cards, but to make up for that I used Shimmery White paper in my Cuttlebug to get a different looking mat for the card. If you look closely, you will see that I used both the D'vine Swirl and the Swiss Dots folders on the one piece of cardstock, so there are two different patterns on that mat. Not knowing what the wedding colors were (because I was asking my husband, and we all know exactly how attentive men are to these types of details) I decided to stick with pink and white, figuring that the bride would like it. The hearts were also stamped on Shimmery White CS, the left one with Pretty in Pink and versamark ink (make sure to ink up the stamp with your versamark first, then ink it with you classic color and voila....instant "craft" ink). The right one was inked using Tsukineko's Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid ink. I embossed both using Clear EP.
The completely different part? I managed to complete this card, start to finish, in about 20 minutes! A huge step for me, let me tell you! So, I hope you enjoy looking at this card, and for those of you that have TCCDS (time consuming card design syndrome) like I do, have faith. And let me know when you churn out a 20 minute card so I can do the happy dance with you, because I am there with you sisters!
Happy Stamping!
Kim




No comments: