Monday, May 5, 2008

Simply Extra...



I wanted to share some pictures of cards I made with my Simply Sent kit, the first two are the exact cards that are included in the kit. If you have never used one of these sets, I highly recommend it. First of all, they are ready to go. The cardstock is cut and scored, everything you need is right there (save for something to pierce the paper with, but they even tell you how to do it with a tack if you don't have a hole punch or paper piercer), and the instructions are very easy to follow.

The stamps in this set are right up my alley! I love all things fleur-de-lis...so this was one of my must haves when it came out.





This card is the one that I made using this same kit. After I had used up the cardstock that came with the set, I just stuck with the same color combo and cut my own to play with. I used the River Rock ink spot directly on the River Rock paper to distress it a bit before I stamped the overlaying image in Chocolate Chip. Then I inked the sentiment stamp with Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky ink and stamped it on the bottom of the card. The little design at the top of the card was stamped with Soft Sky as well. I tied the twill tape completely around the front flap of this card, then trimmed it off with my paper snips to get that little angle on the ends of the ribbon.

So, if you have ever wanted one of these kits but think that you are limited to the designs on the box...think again! Once you have used up your included cardstock just cut some more, play around with the colors, and have fun!

Until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

WOW - these are gorgeous!! I love this Simply sent the best, and these cards are so elegant - TFS!!! :)