Monday, May 26, 2008

Has it really....


...been 10 days since my last post? YIKES! Sorry, y'all, but getting back into the swing of things after a relaxing vacation has been a bit harder than I expected here. So let me start off by showing off some pics from our trip out to Horseshoe Bay! This is the view from the balcony of the condo that D. rented for us. We had initially planned on staying for just 2 nights...but decided to stay for 3 because we were having too much fun to leave on Thursday. Let me just say, everything out there was really nice, and if you don't want to stay in the Marriott...go for the condos! They are equipped really well and the views are incredible. Plus, ours was about a 100 yard walk to the spa, and that, well, that was about all I could manage after a day of getting pampered to death. I could definitely live that kind of lifestyle if money were no object and I had someone to do all the chores...lol!


Here you see me and the little miss out for dinner on Wednesday night. Let me tell you...that was the night that all the bad storms really kicked up and came into Austin. Well, we had the front row seat out there! The sky was absolutely black, and we were sitting by a huge picture window overlooking the lake as this monster storm just built up more and more. Little one here does not like storms one bit (just one of the phobias she picked up from me) and kept asking if everything was going to be ok. We assured her that it was just getting to be night time and that things were fine, but inside my stomach was in complete knots. I was more than happy when the storm finally went around the lake and away from us. Finally, this is just one of the amazing views at Whitewater, which is basically a profession putting golf course. Folks, this ain't yo' mama's

Putt-Putt! This course is an 18-hole, par 72 putting course that was immaculately kept. Along the course there are flamingos, big cages of macaws, and a lot of beautiful water life. And, I am proud to say, for the very first time in my life I actually broke par! Thank goodness the hubby can "read" greens because I couldn't tell which way they were going to break. We had a blast playing this one. They told us, "It will take about an hour to play", and I thought, "Man, there is no one on this course and we are going to take some pictures while we are out." Sure enough, we took about two hours and 15 minutes, but it was time very well spent. And, except for David's sunburned feet where they were exposed between the sandal straps (you think by now he would remember to put sunscreen on them) it was a great day.

Thanks for all of the great birthday wishes I got from all of you! It was probably the best birthday I have ever had. I'll be posting some cards tomorrow, and updating you all on what is going to be going on with regards to the retiring stamp list.

See you all soon!

Kim

2 comments:

Rose said...

Wow! That photo of you and Miss A is amazing. You can really tell you've lost that weight! Yay!

Hope to see you on Saturday at weigh in.

Kim Williams said...

LOL...I am just hoping that my weigh in will show that as well. I will be there on Saturday with bells on!