Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cute stuff from regionals...

...and a retake on an old project. First, here are a two of the six projects that we made this last weekend at the Stampin' Up! San Antonio regionals.


This first card actually uses the snowflake from Scandanavian Season as the template to make the ribbon flower. I wish I could take credit for thinking of this, but unfortunately one of the many talented folks at SU came up with this one before I did, and this is the super-cute result! Next up is a watercolor card using the same stamp set, along with some paper-piercing to highlight the stamped image.
If you ever get a chance to get to a regional, by all means you need to go! This was my very first SU event and I had a blast (of course I was in some great company!) and I am looking forward to the next one. BTW...I think I have the hubby convinced to let me go to convention next summer. I just have to find someone to take care of the soon to be 5-year old. She is really easy to take care of because she already knows everything, so if you are up for an adventure, just let me know. I'll be manning the phones as I am sure offers of child care will just come flying in.

I'll be putting up more pictures from the actual event in a couple of days. My personal favorite is me with some of the girls I went down with and Shelli Gardner herself. I promised I would not get excited if she happened to be there, but I am pretty sure my heart was up in my throat the entire time we were with her. She is so pulled together and at the same time so down to earth! You want to be jealous, but you just can't because she is really quite sweet. Just. Like. Me.
What? I almost kept a straight face when I was typing that!


So, I love the "Always" set. I always have, and always will. (Hey...maybe that is how they came up with that name!) Anyway, I wanted to play with it and the "Sweet Always" DSP that matches it, so here is what I came up with. This is based on a card I cased from Valerie Stangle quite awhile back. I used the colors that are found in the designer paper, which includes the gorgeous new Pink Pirouette. I scalloped the bottom edge of the card then added the little one-inch border of the DSP in the polka dotted pattern. This is such a nice, simple design it is easy to turn out a stack of these in no time flat.
Before I sign off for the night, I have to tell one little story that made me love Little Miss even more than I already do. She was looking through my stack of goodies from regionals on Sunday, particularly the make-and-takes that I had completed. She looked up at me and said, "Mommy, when I get to be your age, (uh-oh...this could take an ugly turn), when I get to be 15 years old like you...".
My mind kind of blanked out there from the pure joy that my precious baby thinks I am only 15. Yes darling, that is right! Mommy had you when she was 11!
She continued on, "...I want to be an ambulance doctor and make pretty cards just like you do." I absolutely love that I am not "an ambulance driver" or a paramedic to her, but an "ambulance doctor". Gives me a sense of authority about all the nights I spent getting thrown up on by folks in the downtown bar district.
I would love to continue to perpetuate the myth that I am but a young lass of 15, but I am afraid it would backfire badly on me once she starts public school. I can almost see the CPS worker getting the phone call from school in my mind. They would be rushing to my house to (presumbably) rescue me from my old, sleezy hubby who must have broken an untold number of laws to wed a youngster then have a child with her, only to find a middle-aged housewife who is cleaning a toilet with her hair up in a ponytail and listening to the soundtrack from "Footloose" in an attempt to relive her salad days.
Not that I dance around like Lori Singer while I do housework or anything. Why? What have you heard?
I hope everyone is having a great week out there! Have fun this week, and until next time, Happy Stamping!
Kim

No comments: