Sunday, October 5, 2008

World Card Making Day...


...was so much fun for me! I want to send a special thanks to everyone who came out to Wine Styles to spend some time with Lydia, Neelam, and myself. I only wish I could have been feeling better, but I did manage to get some good rest last night and now I am a bit more confident in my survival of this bug.
For those who couldn't make it yesterday, here is the full view of one of the cards that the ladies made. I love cards like this because it gets back to the basics of stamping. Three colors of cardstock (not counting the white), four colors of ink, and the entire card comes together in just a couple of minutes. Here are the details on the card:
Stamp: Pocket Silhouettes
Card stock: Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point (for the sentiment), Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Scalloped Edge Punch, Baja Breeze ribbon
I wish I had more pictures, but due to the fact that sometimes I am a dorkfish (if you don't know what that is, I encourage you to google Bill Engvall right this second) I forgot to bring my camera with me to the big event. I meant to bring it, but I forgot to put it on my list and if it isn't on the list, it isn't in the bag. Lydia remembered her camera, but none of us remembered to take pictures until the last 20 minutes of the event.
I will tell you that all of the cards were gorgeous, the company was fun, and everyone left with a smile on their faces. It was the perfect combination of stamping, friends, and fun.
I am hoping to spend some meaningful time in my stamping room today working on some upcoming projects. I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and until next time, Happy Stamping!
Kim

2 comments:

Rose said...

It was lots of fun. Something I need to remember to make time for, and the Mimosas were soooo yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

It was a GREAT day! All the cards were so pretty - thanks for hosting!
So glad you are felling better!!!