Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's a Beautiful Day...

...in the Orlando area!  Yesterday was pretty spectacular as well.  Lydia, Sue and I went to Disney Hollywood Studios and had a blast.  Some of the highlights were riding the Tower of Terror, the Rock & Roller coaster, and lunch at the Sci-fi cafe.  

I will be adding the funniest picture ever of us on the Tower of Terror.  We posed with our Stampin' Up catalogs and a card to show the world that we think that the new Spring Catalog is way more exciting than free-falling 10 stories!  

I do have to admit that I feel a little bad, because I may or may not have told Lydia that I hated her right before we started to drop.  She knows I don't really hate her, but in that nanosecond something took hold of my soul and I had no control.  The funniest part was after the picture was taken Lydia just kept on holding her catalog.  I had to slap her and tell her to help hold me, because both of our bodies were at zero-gravity and we were flying up out of our seats.  

Thank goodness for safety restraints, or that might have ended badly!  




The other thing I love about Disney (besides being able to be scared while knowing you really are safe) is the attention to detail in everything that you see in the park.  This beautiful statue was in the courtyard garden heading into the "hotel".   

The final highlight of my day at Disney was this:

We were in one of the shops when I found this little pretty!  I have a soft spot for pretty purses, but I only own one "real" (i.e. pricey) bag.  When I saw this one I petted it for a little while and then made a phone call to the hubby to chat about it.  He didn't even hesitate before telling me to go ahead and get it for myself.  Between that and the fact that he fixed my slow draining sink in the bathroom, I am nominating him for Husband of the Year.  

Well, we are off to enjoy today!  We are checking in, getting our goodies, and then tonight it is off to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  I promise I will raise a glass of butter-beer and have a chocolate frog for all of you!  Have a beautiful day, no matter where you are, and I'll see you all again soon!

Kim  

No comments: