Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Sketch Challenge!

Hi Stampers! 

I hope you all have been following along with the great new Stamping Challenges website that myself and my upline, sideline, and even a couple of downline members are all team members on. Every week a new sketch is posted, and you can see each team member's take on it, as well as play along with us!  I encourage you to go over there and check it out.  (New sketches post each Friday!)  

Our sketch for this week was this:  



I usually like to play around and change them up, but this week I wanted to stick pretty close to the original, mostly because I was already excited about playing with new Spring Catalog and Sale-a-Bration items.  I have been really leaning toward some softer colors lately, so this was my take on the sketch: 


Supplies:  Stamp Sets:  Papillon Potpourri (item 123757 wood, 123759 clear), 
               Vintage Verses (Sale-a-bration catalog 129633 wood, 129636 clear)
Cardstock and Paper:  Very Vanilla (item 101650), Island Indigo (122923), 
More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper (129309--Spring Mini Catalog)
Inks and Accessories:  Pool Party Classic ink (126982), Island Indigo (126986), 5/8" Flower Trim (126869--Spring Mini Catalog), Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595), 
Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526)


I love the fact that the flower trim takes color so easily, so it lets you customize your flowers to fit your card!  I sponged the centers with some Pool Party, then lightly added some Island Indigo to the outside petals to kick them up a little bit.  I can't wait to play with these even more this weekend!  

I hope that you get to spend some time creating something pretty, and please play along with our challenge!  We love to see what your take on the sketch is, and who knows?  You could be our weekly winner or an honorable mention! So take time to make something pretty, you'll be glad you did. 

Until next time, Happy Stamping! 

Kim




No comments: