Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oh, Hello!

I am back from Leadership!  Every year it is one event that I look forward to more than any other one, because I know that I get to cram an entire year of fun into a little less than a week.  The problem this year is that I went with pneumonia, so I got to do all that with about 1/3 the lung capacity of a Capuchin monkey.  I have to say that the hypoxia really brings out the "thrill" in "thrill rides", but more about that later.  

First, a little about my favorite class this year:  "How Social Media Makes a Difference", taught by the every fabulous Shannon West.  Shannon, if you happen to stumble on my blog, this little painting from Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando spoke to me, as I am sure it will to you: 


I bet you didn't know that about me.  ;-) 

So, back to the class.  Shannon did a great job explaining how in this amazing world of social media that it is so much easier to reach out to others and share all of our craftiness, which is a HUGE goal for me this year.  So, if you haven't done it already, head over to Facebook and like my business page, "Stamparama" (more about my page name later this week!), so that you can stay up to date on my new projects, fun classes, and just everything to do with my day-to-day fun with Stampin' Up!  Thanks as always, Shannon...it was so much fun!  

Now, to the fun stuff...Manager's Reception at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Here I am with my girls at the front of the line waiting to board the buses.  On my right is Lydia, and on my left is our favorite Canadian, Sue.  I can't tell you a single thing we laughed about all week long.  They made me take some kind of Las Vegas type oath as we entered our condo.  And, if I broke it, Sue would stop bringing me Coffee Crisps, and I would be sad forever.  I can say that Lydia has some kind of super-human strength when you are riding the Tower of Terror with her.  I was at zero-gravity and she somehow gained the density of a neutron star as she grabbed me and held on for dear life.  I still have little Lydia paw-prints in my arm to prove it. 

But, I know the reason you came here today is the card from our weekly Stamping Challenges site, so here it is:

 (Stamps) Oh, Hello  (Cardstock) So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla
(inks) So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pretty in Pink (DSP) Tea for Two (accessories) Two Tags die, Hearts a Flutter framelits, Scallop Circle punch, Antique Brads

I have to say that I am enjoying our challenges more and more every week because I am taking the time to stamp something that is just for me.  And, for someone else, because my personal challenge is to sit down tomorrow, write a great note in this card, and ACTUALLY SEND IT TO SOMEONE, the way it is intended to be.  Because, when you get down to it, I didn't join Stampin' Up ever intending to go on a great trip, or to attend amazing classes, or even laugh until I cry while my friend digs into my arm on the ride in Florida.  

I started stamping because I had just left my career and didn't know how I was going to meet any new friends.  I didn't know how I was going to fill the (few) unoccupied hours while I was home with a toddler.  I wasn't sure exactly who I was without my ambulance and uniforms and title.  And because of a few stamps, I have friends that I will have forever, on top of a business that I love.  So I hope that you all know how much I love each of you, and how much I love saying "Hello" every time you come to my home.  Thank you for being the biggest part of my "job".  Now, go stamp something for someone! 


No comments: