Thursday, February 28, 2013

Excuse me...

...but, is that my trash can in your yard?  Five houses down?  

If you don't live in Texas, let me tell you, it has been a tad windy this week.  With "a tad" meaning that I fully expected at any minute on Monday to look out my window and see Dorothy and her little dog flying by, minus the tornado.  We had gusts of over 50 mph the entire day.  This made life interesting in all sorts of ways.  Like the fact that my garbage can ended up 5 houses down from mine, and my favorite tree in my backyard is now stacked and sorted on my firewood rack.  

At least it had the decency to just lay down and not blow into anything when it went.  

I decided that this week I would pull out one of my favorite vintage sets for our Stamping Challenges sketch, here: 


I paired it up with Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, and Pretty in Pink to make this:


I started with embossing the flourish image with Raspberry Ripple ink and Clear embossing powder down the left side and onto the bottom to take place of the element on the left of the sketch.  The medallion was stamped on Whisper White, with some Early Espresso ink sponged on the edges.  My favorite part of this card is the flower.  I stamped it using the Raspberry Ripple on vellum card stock, then I heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder.  I mixed some Frost White shimmer paint with my Pretty in Pink reinker and painted in the flower to make it shimmer.  


Finally, the Celebrate from "Feeling Sentimental" and a couple of pearls finished it off.  

I feel much less wind-blown now.  

I hope that you will take the time to play along with us this week!  And, feel free to leave me a comment to tell me what your favorite set to stamp with is.  Have a great week, and until next time, Happy Stamping! 

Kim

No comments: