Friday, February 15, 2013

Look Kids, Big Ben!


If you have known me for any amount of time, you know that I enjoy a good laugh as often as possible.  I have been the cause of many laughs, some intentional (like during every Stampin' Up trip I take), and some not (like when I trip over my shadow and fall in public places).  

One of my weaknesses is pretty much any of the National Lampoon "Vacation" movies.  I loved when poor old Clark took the family to Europe and got stuck in a roundabout, or as we call them, traffic circles, in downtown London.  As he kept going around and around he would call out to his kids, "Look Kids, Big Ben!  The Tower of London!", like some poor tour guide who was stuck in a nightmare. 

So, what does this have to do with this week's Stamping Challenge?  Let me make the connection for you.  I don't do heights.

Really, I don't.

I am convinced that my innate clumsiness coupled with the Laws of Gravity multiplied by anything taller than my natural height of 5'5" equals certain death, or at the very least, another fractured ankle.  This means that while I love the idea of Ferris wheels, you won't ever see me on The London Eye.  As beautiful as it is, I know my limitations.  So, rather than have a panic attack trying to ride one, I just decided to stamp a death trap, er...Ferris wheel, instead.

I started with this week's sketch, here: 



And grabbed my Sale-a-Bration set, "Feeling Sentimental", and came up with this:  
Everything I used:  Stamp Set--Feeling Sentimental, Card stock--Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Rich Razzleberry, Sycamore Street DSP, Ink--Soft Suede, Extas--Sycamore Street buttons, linen thread, Adorning Accents edgelits, Needlepoint Border embossing folders


Nice and pretty, and safe, too!  I can attest that my feet never had to leave the ground, and I did not require the use of pharmaceutical interventions to be able to enjoy this little Ferris wheel.

I hope you enjoy this card, and that my tales have brought an intentional laugh to you today.  Now, go make your own pretty card and load it up to the Stamping Challenges website, and leave me a comment to let me know you decided to play along this week.  Until next time, Happy Stamping! 


No comments: