Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

...of the year.  

Well, for me at least.  Now, I know that many of you would say, "Hey, Kim, that song is about Christmas, and that is the most wonderful time of the year."  Truly, I do agree, and no one loves all of Christmas more than I do.  However, for those of you who do not dwell in allergy-ridden Central Texas, just go with me on this little adventure for a minute and I will explain.  

Christmas is amazing, but it is hard to appreciate all the beauty and wonder of a season when you are sneezing.  And, thanks to our version of cedar (which is actually Mountain Juniper...stop giving REAL cedar trees a bad rap!), I spend the greater part of December through February sneezing non-stop.  I can't see because my eyes are so watery that I look as though I am in mourning.  I walk around chewing anti-histamines like most people enjoy Tic-Tacs. 

So I look forward to the end of cedar season they way most kids look forward to Christmas morning...with wild abandon and the hope that the cedar-killing fairies will come along and just make the pollination stop.  Make.  It.  Stop.  
I figured that if I did happen to catch one of those little fairies I would want to give her a thank you card for making my home town the beautiful city that I love instead of the yellow-pollen filled gauntlet that it has been for the past three months.  

I started with this week's sketch over at Stamping Challenges




then I pulled out the "Oh, Hello" stamp set and made this:  



If you want to make your own little thank you cards, here is a list of the supplies I used for my card, which you can find in my online store:

Stamps:  Oh, Hello (130730)*
Cardstock: Very Vanilla (101650), So Saffron (105118), Calypso Coral (122925)
Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (129311)*
Ink: Calypso Coral (126983)
Accessories:  5/8" Flower Trim (126869)*, Honeycomb embossing folder (129378)*, Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon (129287)*
Items with an * are in the Spring Mini Catalog.

Let me know what you are thankful for this year, and feel free to play along with us at Stamping Challenges!  I love to see what everyone is making.  Until next challenge, have a great week and Happy Stamping!  

Kim













No comments: