Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to life...

...and back to some stamping! Finally, I am getting back to my table and getting some cards made. I wanted to give just a little peek at what you will be making at my table during the World Card Making Day event that is happening on October 4th. I say at "my table" because this is a joint venture with me, Lydia, and Neelam. Everyone who attends is going to be making 9 great cards, 3 each of 3 designs, for free! How can you say no?

So, without further ado, here is the sneak peek:

















Now, onto a little early Christmas card that I have been wanting to do. I am a big fan of several different techniques, and emboss resist is one of them. I just really like how the finished product comes out, and it kind of has that Mr. Miagi, "wax on, wax off" serenity to it. Very zen-like.

This card uses a new stamp set that is in the Holiday Mini Catalog, "Scandinavian Season", as well as the new designer series paper, "Ski Slope". I used the colors that were in the patterned paper, Real Red, Old Olive, and Baja Breeze, and paired all of this up with the Alpine felt ribbon. Little Miss declared it a complete success, so who am I to argue with her obviously impeccable taste?

Today I am going to be working on my Halloween treat bag toppers and cards, as well as tending to the sick hubby who was officially diagnosed with what our doctor called "a serious case" of pneumonia and told to stay home and for the most part in bed the rest of this week.

I hope everyone has a great day, and until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim

No comments: