...that gets "designer block" and ends up not getting a project done until the very last minute? That was me this week. I am teaching a class tonight and I could not get the last couple of cards done. I got the first ones out of the way really quickly, I mean, I had to get some pictures up on my website to attract the customers my way.
Then...poof...no more mojo. Gone. I tried working on a totally different project for awhile. No help. Tried reorganizing my papers, moving all of my retiring papers out of my "current" paper organizer (which now only has Bella Rosa in it, I feel a huge order coming up in August). Still, nada. So, I turned to what got me through all 4 years of college with a pretty decent GPA and a Bachelor's of Science in Education, I crammed last night to finish up. And here is what came out of it:
This is part of my "Pun Fun" class that I am teaching tonight. The girls will be making 8 cards, one for each of the stamps in the set. For this one I used the new Pacific Point and Baja Breeze. I had to put the lighter blue through the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder, then sponged on some of the Pacific Point ink over the top. The whale was stamped and colored using reinkers and an aquapainter, then punched using one of my Marvy giga punches.
I cut a larger mat for the whale with the Pacific Point cardstock and lined all 4 edges of it with Sticky Strip, then added some of SU's double beads. When you do this always remember to add your larger beads first, then the microbeads to fill in the gaps. Did you know that the word "microbeads" comes from the Latin, micronus beadius rollius, which translates to, "beads that are going to roll all over the place". Seriously. WHAT?!? I already told you I have a Bachelor's degree, you think I would make that up? Yeah, I guess I probably would.So this is the other card I came up with after many hours of flogging myself. (I know the first picture is a little dark, but that was because I took it at 2 a.m. and had no natural light helping me out.) I think that this little stamp is one of my favorites in the set, and I wanted to do it right. I used bright colors (Yo-yo Yellow, Real Red, and Tempting Turquoise). I used a star stamp from Haunting Halloween to stamp the background onto the yellow cardstock using Only Orange ink.
After stamping the rocket ship I colored it using my Watercolor Wonder crayons, then used my Diamond Stickles to add a little sparkle to the stars around the rocket and the little accent dots on it. Then I wanted to add something that would convey the sparks and flames that a rocket has shooting out from behind it on lift-off, so I set 3 eyelets into the Turquoise paper and used some of my retired Silver cording to give it a little something extra. I haven't cut the extra cording yet, I was waiting to see what I felt like this morning to decide if I was going to leave it really long or trim it off.
I know, I'll wait until about 2 minutes before the class and then decide. You know, since that seems to be my M.O. today. I hope everyone has a great day today. I will be making the sacred journey to SeaWorld with Little Miss tomorrow, so I am sure that there will be a funny story or two to share come Friday. Until then, Happy Stamping!