Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Something more important...

...than a card right now.

I try my very best to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure each year, although I did miss the year that I was 20 1/2 months pregnant and last year (since I was recovering from a badly broken ankle and subsequent surgery).

So, when I got my "it's time to register" email, I had an idea. I know a lot of you support this great endeavor as well, and participate in the race. I think we should make a team and walk/run this together. Let me be first to say that I will lead the walking group, one of you more avid runners can stick with them...lol!

First of all, we need a team name, and I am up for suggestions. I thought about "The Stamping Sweethearts", but I would love to hear your suggestions. So please leave me a comment with your thoughts on a great team name for us.

Now, here are a couple of details. The race is November 2nd (Sunday) and starts at 8 a.m. I am usually there very early, and if we are doing this as a team we can go early and get a team picture taken. The cost is $30 for online registration and includes your T-shirt and run number. If you want to be timed (with a CHIP) it is $8 for the chip and $3 for timing services. After we get a team name set I will register it and then everyone can sign up under that team name.

You can also "Sleep in for the Cure" for $50...information on this is on the Komen page. But come on, walking with us will be a lot more fun.

Finally, as an added incentive here is what I want to do. Everyone that signs up to be on our team for this will get (from me) one free class in either October or November and 10% of additional merchandise added to any order for you in either October or November. (You place a $100 dollar order, for example, and I will get you an additional $10 of merchadise of your choosing.) You have to be confirmed as being on the team to claim these wonderful goodies.

So, if doing something to help a great organization wasn't enough incentive, then think about the additional benefit of a free class and free merchandise to boot.

I hope everyone has a great day! Give me some team name ideas and I'll get us started by Monday and repost here so y'all can sign up under our team. And I promise there will be a new card or two on here a bit later on today!

Until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim

1 comment:

Cecile said...

Hi Kim,

Here's a couple of other names:
- STAMPeders (Although it can't be much of a stampede if we're all walking! ha)
- Stampin' Stars

And I still like your Stamping Sweethearts