Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!


I hope that everyone is having a great 4th of July! We are having a great time around Chateau du Williams today. I took Little Miss A to the parade as promised and she had a blast. It is hard to tell from the blank expression on her face in this picture, but really, she is having fun on the inside...lol! I don't know if you can see the red, white, and blue feather boa that I am holding, but it ended up on the crossbar of my bike to help give it that extra "flare".




Here is a happier looking child! We are all lined up and waiting for the parade to get started and some other kids in the line up gave her some candy. This is why she can now cheese it up for the camera, she is getting her sugar rush going. I am just grateful that we got to line up in the shade, lest her knees get all bendy, and her head get all melty. The most funny part was, after the parade (that I did all the pedalling in) she told me that she needed to come home and get a bath because her "...hair got a little sweaty in the back." Oh yes, I know how riding in the trailer while mommy dodges 5 year-olds trying to score some candy in the parade can make your hair "sweaty in the back". My hair was definitely "sweaty in the back" as well. And then I still had to get us home...

So, once I got home, here is what I worked on in between cooking:




This little guy is another one of those extra cute Stampendous Bees....Watermelon Bee! I stamped him on GP white and colored him in with Copics. The patterned paper is from that huge My Mind's Eye pack I got last week. I embossed over it with Hologram Highlights. I think I might have actually cried when that EP retired from Stampin' Up awhile back. The main body of the card is done with Blue Bayou, and the mats are Real Red and Soft Sky. The little sunshine and the sentiment were from a pack of $1 stamps from Michaels. Here are the close ups of the sentiment as well as some of the stars. They are from the "Stars and Swirls" set that is retired SU as well. It is kind of hard to see on these pictures, but I did some blending with my colorless blender pen to give the watermelon some actual melon looking shading. I think I am going to go back and add some stickles to the bee's antennae as well.























Well, it is time to go man the grill. The DH is working today and hopefully will be home soon to enjoy a tasty burger, some pasta salad, cold watermelon and brownies to boot! I hope that everyone has a fun, safe celebration today. Until next time, Happy Stamping!

Kim

No comments: