Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The STAMPeders...

...are up and running! Well, some of us will be walking, but you can run if you want to. You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. (Name that tune and I'll give you a lollipop!)

So, you know in my earlier post here I told you about Race for the Cure and what I would offer up to anyone who signs up to be a member of my team. Well, the team site is up, just click on STAMPeders and it will take you to the team's page. From there if you click on the "Join Kimberly's team" in the right upper corner right above the goal statistics you will be taken to the page where you can sign up to be a part of our team.

Now, a little reminder. You don't have to be Flo-Jo to participate. Come on! I do this. If you want to run, I promise I will cheer for you until you are out of sight and then I will put all of my energy back into walking. You get to decide how much effort you put into the actual race. For those of you that are in great shape and like to run, or if you hubby/boyfriend/significant other is a runner but wants to sign up under our team to help out, they can still participate in the CHIP timed run. Heck, you can even Sleep in for the Cure (although that costs a bit extra but you do still get the T-shirt).

The rest of us are going to walk and talk and laugh and take pictures. Well, I will take pictures, because that means that I don't have to be in them.

So, click on over, take a look around, and sign up! It is a great cause to support, and I promise, you will have fun! Plus, if we get 5 team members signed up by September 15th, we will get a priority packet pickup! This means that I can pick up the entire set of team packets a full week before the general population can, with my own set appointment. If we make this small first goal, we will be guaranteed the correct t-shirt sizes because they won't all be gone, plus I won't have to stand in a long line with a cranky 4-year old. And that is always a good thing.

Thanks again to everyone who has already said they are going to sign up. I can't wait to see you all on race day!

Until next time...Happy Stamping (and walking, too!)

Kim

No comments: