...especially when it comes to new stamps and new colors!
If you haven't been looking at anyone's blogs lately or just don't know what time of year it is, we are at T-minus 27 days until the new Stampin' Up! catalog comes out. Otherwise known as "The Gauntlet" over at Mr. Brown headquarters. Every demonstrator I know has been one grabby moment short of assault charges as they stalk...er...wait for their respective UPS guys to show up with their preorders. Except me. I would never dream of that type of behavior. Oh, and if you are just finding my blog...please don't read my previous post about the UPS guy. I don't know who put that on my site. She has to be crazy!
So, back to the whole "new stuff" part. Here is a card that I made with the new In Colors and a brand new stamp set, "Dreams du Jour". This one starts with a long base of Tangerine Tango and mats done in Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. The images were stamped on Shimmery White (the picture just can't do it justice) and then colored in with a blender pen and the new ink colors.
I wanted to really make the butterflies look like those gorgeous specimens you see on those "Animal Planet" specials, so I blended the Baja Breeze all the way through the wings and then added some Pacific Point highlights to the darker areas. I am sure I will be going through several dozen packs of paper in these new colors during the next few months.
This card was made with an older set that I finally bought for myself after quite the internal struggle. I am so glad I got it, because (don't tell anyone I told you this), my husband actually LIKES this one. Really, really likes it. The way the Academy liked Sally Field back in 1985. (You did see Norma Rae, right?)
So, this one features the new Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red, with some Chocolate Chip thrown in for balance. I stamped the main image using Chocolate Chip ink, then just kept on moving the stamp up and to the left in small increments without reinking it to get the running shadow. The "Wanted" was stamped using versamark and then embossed with white EP. After setting that I took some Tim Holz distress ink directly to the red piece of cardstock and swiped it all over, then rubbed it off of the embossed area. The stars on the side were stamped using Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa. I wanted to add a little something extra and figured that this would be the perfect place to add some hemp twine. Overall it got a thumbs up from Little Miss A and the DH, so I guess it is a keeper.
I hope that you all are having a great week, and getting excited about the new release coming up. Remember to check my schedule over at my Stampin' UP! site for my open house and other classes this month as well.
Until next time, Happy Stamping!